Inra evolves in the context of open science. Through its Open Access and Open Data Policy, it positions the IST as an important player in OpenScience for the organisation of the management and enhancement of its scientific information.
Led by the Delegation for Scientific and Technical Information, Inra’s IST function is a network of professionals working for the access, management, dissemination, exploitation and analysis of information and knowledge.
Scientific and Technical Information?
The IST is all high added-value information that is necessary for, or the result of, the development of research activities. It concerns all scientific sectors and everyone involved in research.
IST’s documentary activities include:
- gathering information: selecting and obtaining data;
- processing data: library community management, cataloguing, tracking, indexing, reporting, data and text mining, validation, evaluation/quantification, curation, archiving and preservation…
- exploitation of information: specialised analysis, restructuring and restitution of information using bibliometrics, knowledge management, disciplinary expertise and monitoring…
Services to meet research needs
In the competitive international context of research focused on food and nutrition, the environment and sustainable agriculture, certain needs of the scientific community are directly linked to IST:
- piloting scientific strategy: mapping players and their fields of expertise, strategic, social and other types of monitoring, to anticipate actions to take;
- Obtaining relevant information more effectively;
- Analysing and managing a plethoric amount of digital information, research and textual data;
- Improving the visibility, for different target audiences, of our research results via publications and other research outputs;
- Providing innovative services based on research outputs, in a professional manner and in a continually changing digital environment.
Scientific and Technical Information at Inra
is a centralised, cross-cutting and effective service which is committed to working alongside research staff and recognised by partners for its utility and added value.