The IST Delegation is a network of information professionals working in documentation- and publishing-related fields. Some are general officers, while others are specialised in bibliometrics, knowledge management, strategic monitoring and publishing tasks.
In a context of OpenScience, IST professionals at Inra work to provide the access, management, dissemination, exploitation and analysis of information and knowledge.
IST professionals work in different structures: at DIST headquarters, in the research divisions, units and centres.
Documentation-related work is carried out:
- at the DIST (IST leadership);
- by regional IST teams (ERIST) under the administrative responsibility of Directors of Support Services at centres and under the operational leadership of the IST Director;
- by team units at scientific divisions;
- at units.
Publication-related work is carried out:
- by Editions Quae;
- by the editorial boards of Inra’s scientific and technical journals.
IST professionals at Inra include:
Information officers, bibliometrists, publication secretaries, monitoring managers, and managers of knowledge, data, and documentary information systems.
At IST, two types of networks – modelled on Inra’s geographical and thematic structure – work together to lead IST professionals:
- centre-based networks led by IST regional teams
- division-based networks led by researchers from team units at divisions.